POWERPAC® K and N Series Stepper Motors
POWERPAC® hybrid stepper motors deliver more power in a smaller package. These rugged NEMA 34 and 42 (90 and 110 mm) motors combine optimal magnetics in a housingless frame with a large diameter rotor and innovative rotor-stator design to produce more torque and smoother microstepping. The K Series incorporates flux-focusing SIGMAX® technology for higher acceleration with 25 percent more torque.
- Wide range of standard options
- Affordable co-engineered modifications with a short lead time to meet unique application requirements
- N3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from 3.2 to 15.4 N-m (454 to 2,180 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- K3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from 4.08 to 19.7 N-m (578 to 2,790 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- N4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from 8.12 to 30.8 N-m (1,150 to 4,365 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- K4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from 10.4 to 40.3 N-m (1,470 to 5,700 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- Extensive selection of shaft configurations, terminations, windings and co-engineered modifications to suit your application needs, time frame and budget
- Speeds up to 3,000 rpm meet the velocity demands of most high-torque applications
- Improved torque linearity (above rated current) provides high peak torque to boost acceleration in intermittent-duty applications
- High torque at moderate speeds to enable a cost-effective alternative to servo motors
- Low detent torque harmonic provides smoother microstepping performance
- K Series incorporates SIGMAX® technology for 25% more torque than N Series
- Runs cooler than comparable steppers to provide longer, more reliable motor life
- Special rotor design enables high acceleration
- Rugged, “housingless” square frame means more torque in a smaller package
- IP65 sealing for splashproof protection
- Two-phase design is compatible with most drives and provides smoother microstepping and lower power input versus three-phase motors
- Optional encoder mounting provisions
Media & Downloads
|Title||File Language||Date||Share URL|
|POWERPAC Installation bulletin en-EN||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/POWERPAC_Installation_bulletin_en-EN_RevA.pdf|
|Nema 34 N3 K3 Stepper Systems TB||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/Nema_34_N3_K3_Stepper_Systems_TB.pdf|
|Nema 42 N4 K4 Stepper Systems TB||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/Nema_42_N4_K4_Stepper_Systems_TB.pdf|
|Kollmorgen Catalogo Automazione e Motion Control IT||Italian||Share URLview|
|Kollmorgen Full-line Catalog||English||Share URLview|
|Kollmorgen otomasyon ve hareket kontrol çözümleri kataloğu TR||Turkish||Share URLview|
|Stepper and Synchronous Motors Catalog EN Rev C||English||Share URLview|
|科尔摩根运动控制及伺服系统解决方案||Chinese, Simplified||Share URLview|
These 3D models are intended to guide your design activities and may be used as reference information. Be sure to consult a Kollmorgen expert to ensure you have the most current and accurate information for critical aspects of design work.
To download our 3D drawings, you will need to create or login to your user account on Kollmorgen.com.
|Title||File Language||Date||Share URL|
|Blue Guide||English, German||
||Share URL https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=OJ%3AC%3A2022%3A247%3ATOC|
|CEL China Efficiency Labelling for Servo and Stepper Motors||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/CEL%20Technical%20Notice%20on%20Efficiency%20for%20Servo%20and%20Stepper%20Motors.pdf|
|Kollmorgen CE Technical Notice - Servo and Stepper Motors Efficiency||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/Kollmorgen%20CE%20Technical%20Notice%20-%20Servo%20and%20Stepper%20Motors%20Efficiency.pdf|
|Kollmorgen EU Declaration of Conformity PowerPac K-N-SN||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/Kollmorgen%20EU%20Declaration%20of%20Conformity%20PowerPac%20K-N-SN.pdf|