2G Motion System
The Power to be More
Kollmorgen introduces the next generation of motion for more ambitious machines built on more capable performance and more confident engineering. The Kollmorgen 2G Motion System harnesses the full performance potential of our leading AKM2G servo motors and perfectly matched AKD2G drives designed to deliver unrivaled power density and control. The result is significantly enhanced torque, responsiveness and SafeMotion capabilities in a compact footprint that enables easy installation and total flexibility.
For existing machines, the Kollmorgen 2G Motion System is the simple, cost-effective upgrade path for maximum power and performance. For new designs, it’s a game-changer. Unprecedented performance simplifies design and deployment of lighter, more compact, more efficient and effective machines.
More Ambitious Machines
Create your most innovative machine and bring it to market faster, knowing that you can count on optimized motion. The 2G Motion System provides drives, motors and cables designed to work together for maximum performance without compromise or overdesign.
- AKM2G motors deliver an average of 30% greater torque than previous designs, with no change in package size or mounting. They’re paired with compact drives that save cabinet space while providing more system information and unparalleled tuning and control capabilities.
- Our AKD2G dual-axis drives provide up to twice the power density, and all drives include I/O that can be expanded without increasing panel space requirements.
- AKD2G Integrated SafeMotion options and safe inputs support design of advanced features that improve operator safety and productivity. AKM2G offers a choice of Functional Safety compliant options to complete your system design.
Kollmorgen's 2G Motion System is optimized to achieve the highest performance.Learn more
More Capable Performance
Kollmorgen 2G Motion Systems provide drop-in motion performance, with minimal or no need to change existing machine design.
- Our motors are available with a wide range of frame and stack-length combinations and electrical configurations. The Kollmorgen 2G Motion System gives you the flexibility and performance to create more productive machines that incorporate advanced SafeMotion functions in as small a footprint as possible, without compromise.
- Ensuring capable performance requires more than just a catalog of products. Kollmorgen’s co-engineering means you get the perfect fit for your application without a machine redesign or a back-to-the-drawing-board new project.
- With Kollmorgen, you have a supplier you can call anytime to talk about your application needs. Not just a call to the support team, but to the actual engineers that designed the elements of the motion system itself.
Improve machine performance without redesign.Read how
More Confident Engineering
Engineer your machine with confidence that it will perform to your highest expectations for motion power, precision and SafeMotion functionality.
- Count on Kollmorgen support to help you design and build a successful machine and keep it reliably productive, anywhere in the world.
- With our global footprint of manufacturing, design, application and service centers, you always have dependable supply, engineering assistance and support. So you can design, build, and go to market with assurance of superior performance and reliability.
- Beyond the 2G Motion System of motor, cables and drives, Kollmorgen also offers perfectly matched accessories, including filters, chokes, HMIs and more. By choosing Kollmorgen, you can be sure all components work seamlessly together to create an ideal motion system.
Kollmorgen customers are using the Kollmorgen 2G Motion System to achieve exceptional motion results. Check out these success stories.
|February 21, 2023|
|Resolving Servo Feedback Choices||
|November 4, 2021|
|AKM2G Standard Voltage and Low Voltage Winding Thermal Sensor Options||
|January 22, 2021|
|KM motors with EnDat feedback spec||
|January 6, 2022|
Contact Us >Follow the links here to find contact information for Global and North American support and sales information.
AGV Partner Portal >From the AGV Partner Portal you will be able to access our NDC Services, such as Technical Support, Customer Service and Training. This is also where you download our latest NDC software.
Kollmorgen Channel Partner Site >This secure site provides access to confidential material for the private use of approved partners only.
AKM2G Servo Motor
AKM2G represents the latest evolution of the industry-leading AKM motor family. With significant torque increases in the same motor size OEMs can achieve substantial performance improvement without changing the motor mounting or using more machine space.
AKD2G Servo Drive
Born from a rich AKD heritage, AKD2G is the latest servo drive technology adding:
- Dual-axis technology for additional space savings
- Built-in functional safety options via SafeMotion Monitor (including FSoE)
- Color Graphic Display
- Optimized for single-cable power and feedback
Engineer the Exceptional
Learn how to engineer exceptional machines, robots and vehicles with the highest-performing, most reliable motors, drives, automation solutions and more.