P8000 Stepper Drive
The P8000 Stepper Drive Series is Kollmorgen's latest flagship stepper drive platform. These drives offer expanded output current ranges and functionality that enable our customers to use a wider portfolio of Kollmorgen stepper motors. They are ideal for labelers, indexers, CNC machines, packaging machines, pumps and other applications requiring low-speed, point-to-point motion control for fixed loads. Currently available for DC operation, these drives are designed to power 2-phase hybrid stepper motors.
New Standard of Performance
- Smooth operation at all speeds regardless of step size P8000 Series drives utilize a control algorithm that optimizes the output current to the motor phases, whether full-stepping or micro-stepping, enabling smooth motion across the full speed range.
- Superior Power-to-Size ratio. Compared to the 6410 drive, the new P80630-SDN achieves 10% greater output current in a 60% smaller package.
- Quick Setup. The P80630-SDN features dip-switch selectable settings allowing users to get their machines up and running quickly without the need to connect to a computer.
- Single 24-75VDC power supply input required
- Bipolar chopper drive for superior current regulation and low ripple current
- Conventional Step and Direction interface. User provided pulse train to rotate the motor
- Dedicated inputs for Step, Direction (CW/CCW) and Enable
- Dip-switch selectable settings. No programming required!
- Idle Current Reduction to reduce motor heating during dwell or when holding a load
- Microstepping resolution up to 25,600 steps/revolution
- Motor Phase Current up to 5.5 Arms/phase to pair with widest range of Kollmorgen motors
- Fault Protection:
- Thermal Protection (Over-Temperature)
- Over/Under Bus Voltage
- Short Circuit (Phase-to-Phase or Phase-to-Ground)
- CE, RoHS, REACH certified
|Input Voltage Range||Volts||24 - 75 VDC|
|Continuous Current||Arms (Apeak)||1.7 - 5.5 (2.4 - 7.8)|
|Digital Inputs||-||3 (Step, Direction, Enable)|
|Digital Outputs||-||1 (Fault)|
|Control Mode||-||Step and Direction (CW/CCW)|
|Step Resolution||-||Full-Step to 1/128 (200 to 25600 steps/rev)|
|Feedback Support||-||None (Open Loop)|
|Package Size||mm, WxDxH||26 x 75.5 x 108 (without connectors)|
|Operating Temperature||Degrees C||5-40|
|Max. Chassis Temperature||Degrees C||70|
|Idle Current Reduction||-||Settable, 50% or 90%|
Media & Downloads
|Title||File Language||Date||Share URL|
|P80630-SDN Stepper Drive Installation Manual||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/P80630-SDN-Stepper-Install.pdf|
|P80630-SDN Stepper Drive Safety Notes||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/P80630-SDN-Stepper-Safety-Notes.pdf|
|P80630 Datasheet||English||Share URLview|
|P80630 Datenblatt||German||Share URLview|
|P80630 Fiche technique||French||Share URLview|
|P80630 Foglio dati||Italian||Share URLview|
|P80630 Folha de dados||Portuguese, Brazil||Share URLview|
|P80630 Veri sayfası||Turkish||Share URLview|
|P80630数据表||Chinese, Simplified||Share URLview|
These 3D models are intended to guide your design activities and may be used as reference information. Be sure to consult a Kollmorgen expert to ensure you have the most current and accurate information for critical aspects of design work.
|Title||File Language||Date||Share URL|
|P80630-SDN EU Declaration of Conformity||English||
||Share URL /sites/default/files/public_downloads/P80630-SDN%20CE%20Declaration.pdf|
|February 21, 2023|
Contact Us >Follow the links here to find contact information for Global and North American support and sales information.
AGV Partner Portal >From the AGV Partner Portal you will be able to access our NDC Services, such as Technical Support, Customer Service and Training. This is also where you download our latest NDC software.
Kollmorgen Channel Partner Site >This secure site provides access to confidential material for the private use of approved partners only.
Engineer the Exceptional
Learn how to engineer exceptional machines, robots and vehicles with the highest-performing, most reliable motors, drives, automation solutions and more.