Firmware Installation for AKI-CDA Panels
Note the firmware file referenced in this article can be found at the bottom or here: FW CDA-07
Make sure that the computer IP address is in the same range as the AKI-CDA Panel and that the subnet mask is the same. The computer will need to be set with a static IP address. If you need to set it as static or change the IP address you can do it through the Network Properties:
- Before starting the Firmware Update program, make sure you can ping the terminal.
- Power off the AKI-CDA Panel. Press and hold the touchscreen and apply power. When the screen appears that says “Enter Update Mode?”, release the touch and touch the screen again to enter the update mode.
- Open the file IML_TxA_bx.exe (where bx is the build number) on the PC and press “Next”.
- Enter the AKI-CDA Panel IP address and subnet. It may be necessary to turn off the firewall on the PC and if using more than one network card, it may be necessary to disable the other IP address.
Note: If you were able to ping the panel and have entered the update mode, your panel MAC address will be displayed as an option in the dropdown list.
- Select the MAC address and press “Upgrade”.
If you get the error message below, check the IP address of the panel and the computer. You may need to disable the firewall on the computer or use a cross-over cable. Make sure you can ping the panel and put the terminal into update mode and try again.
If firmware begins successful installation, you will see the progress bar.
Once the firmware has finished installing, power cycle the terminal. You may now change your computers IP address back and turn on the firewall if it was necessary to make those changes. Please be aware that updating the firmware on the panel will change the IP address of the panel back to the factory default of 192.168.1.1.
Where can I find the firmware?