KVB fails to start with a Windows Platform FIPS error
If KVB fails to start with the following error, there is a compatibility problem between KVB and the FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption:
It is possible to work-around the problem by disabling the FIPS algorithm policy in the Windows Registry Editor:
- Launch Windows Registry Editor as administrator.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type “regedit", select “Registry Editor (App)” from the results, and select “Run as administrator”.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy.
- Double-click on “MDMEnabled” entry.
- Change the "Value data" from “1” (Enabled) to “0” (Disabled).
KVB will then be able to start and run normally.