PLCopen for Motion
In addition to our breakthrough Pipe Network™, Kollmorgen Automation Suite™ includes PLCopen for motion, giving developers the choice of programming in a familiar environment that leverages existing engineering resources. Focused around IEC 61131-3, PLCopen for motion is a structured programming method for creating motion applications that are hardware-independent, interoperable, and scalable across different control solutions and architectures.
- Kollmorgen Automation Suite offers a choice of Pipe Network™ and PLCopen for motion, giving you access to the best of industry standards as well as the Kollmorgen capabilities that can differentiate your machine from the competition. For more information, see KAS Motion Concepts.
- PLCopen for motion offers a widely used, industry-independent programming method that supports all IEC 61131-1 programming languages. For more information, see PLCopen.
- Modular applications can be reused and enhanced to simplify and ensure the quality of future projects
- Programming in PLCopen for motion allows you to maintain continuity with your current methods, expertise and suppliers
- Library includes programming constructs most needed by the motion programming community, based on thorough industry analysis
- New areas of interest are regularly added, ensuring that the specification evolves to meet changing industry requirements
- Provides a standardized vocabulary for developing systems and conveying motion control knowledge
- Maintains vendor independence, since all vendors of motion programming products have access to the same specification
- Qualified development resources are readily available in the marketplace
- Kollmorgen is a voting member of the PLCopen organization, ensuring a proactive voice in support of your technical requirements