Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automated Guided Vehicles
- Food & Beverage
- Industry 4.0
- Machine Tools
- Medical Imaging
- Medical and Laboratory Automation
- Metal Forming
- Oil & Gas
- Packaging & Converting
- Postal Sorting
- Smart Warehouse
- Tire & Rubber
- Service & Support
- Contact Us
Back to top
SafeMotion Use Cases
Optimized Cleaning Process
Example: Cleaning a food packaging machine
Cleaning food machinery is a critical, difficult and time consuming process. Multiple regulations regarding hygienic and safety standards have to be considered. New cleaning modes will integrate SafeMotion
- Traditional process: Cut off machine power, clean the machine section 1, power on, jog machine, power off, clean the section 2, etc.
- Innovative cleaning process: Activate "SLS - Safe Limited Speed" function to clean continuously without stopping the machine
The improved hygienic process will reduce the risk of recalls and reduced cleaning time will increase OEE of the packaging process.
Optimizing Light Curtain
Example: Metal Forming - Press Brake
During the metal forming process there is typically a conflict to protect the operator and to manually support the forming process.
Operator breaks light curtain → machine can move backwards to pick the next part.
- Traditional method: Operator breaks light curtain → machine stops at any position, e.g. the operator can’t remove the metal sheet
- Innovative solution: Press can move upward while the operator is within the hazardous area. The safety function "SDI - Safe Direction" prohibits the dangerous move downwards and so the operator is protected.
The innovative SafeMotion function SDI improves the forming process and can increase the throughput by 20%.