When a servo motor carries a vertical load, you have special challenges to solve. There is the added element of gravity to contend with, and most applications cannot tolerate a falling load. What happens if there is a fault? How do you manage timing with brake and relay delays? Are there special sizing considerations? How do you test and tune a vertical load?
Join us as Kollmorgen experts walk you through proven methods for managing these challenges and more in an exemplary vertical servo motor application. This session includes:
- Understanding critical braking, timing and setup parameters for managing vertical loads
- Determining how to employ a controlled stop in case of a fault
- Sizing a vertical application
- Managing risks by protecting yourself, the area and the mechanism from damage
- Saving time and frustration using best practices for tuning a vertical load