- Service & Support
- E-Learning & Training
- 10 SafeMotion™ Functions to Consider for Your Application
- AKD BASIC: Mentor Sessions
- AKD Drive Setup
- AKD2G Setup: I/O, Motion Tasks, and the Scope Tool
- AKD2G Workbench Guided Tour: No Passport Required
- AKD2G: Mentor Sessions
- Ask The Experts: Kollmorgen Automation Suite
- Ask the Experts: Extreme Temperatures
- Cables: Untangling the Mystery
- Closed! Resolving Servo Feedback Choices
- Developing Your High-Slice, High-Res CT Scanner: A Cross-Functional View
- Form factor optimization (D²L Rule)
- How the Kollmorgen Automation Suite Helps Achieve Dynamic Motion Control
- How to Leverage Co-Engineering with Kollmorgen
- How to Optimize Motion Sizing
- How to Properly size your torque motor for EO/IR applications
- How to Use Motioneering to Size Your Application
- Hygienic Design: How Cable & Connection Decisions Address Critical Control Points
- Implementing New AKD2G Drive Features
- Increasing Performance with Modern Inertia Matching
- Machine Safety: Welcome to a New Era of Protection and Productivity
- Motion 101: Online
- Motion Control Solutions for Vertical Form-Fill-Seal
- Motioneering: Mentor Sessions
- Motor Topology options for EO/IR Applications
- Painless Frameless: Implementing and Installing Frameless Motors
- Step Into Motion: Best Applications for Stepper Technology
- Step Into Motion: The 411 on Stepper Technology
- Taking Control: How to Create High Performance Motion in Your Machine
- The Servo Motion Toolbox: Improving Tool-less Cutting Machines
- Tips and Tricks for the Workbench Scope Tool
- Under the Microscope: What to Look for in Hygienic Machine Design
- What is Cogging and Torque Ripple?
- What is a Servo Motor?
- Classroom Training
- Kollmorgen Developer Network
Kollmorgen Developer Network
Not just for developers... This is your one-stop-shop for Kollmorgen product support and learning. Use the search to find answers to all your motion questions. Can't find what you are looking for? Post a question to the community. Want to share best practices when using our products? Start a discussion. Have a new idea for a product or feature? Add a feature request. What ever it is you are looking for, the Kollmorgen Developer Network has you covered!
- Field Service
- Literature Overview
- Knowledge Base
- Contact Us
- Partners' Information
- Suppliers' Area
- Design Tools
- Video Gallery
- AGV Partner Portal
- E-Learning & Training
Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Contact Us
Back to top
When researching motor options for an application, one type that often comes up is “servo” motor. Many manufacturers expand and add descriptions like AC and brushless. What do these terms mean and what exactly is a servo motor? In this webinar we’ll explore:
- What makes a motor a servo?
- What is a closed-loop system?
- Why is a servo important to manufacturers?
- How manufacturers categorize their servo motor offerings
AKM Low Voltage
AKM2G Low Voltage
About the Presenter(s)
Gordon Ritchie, Technical Training Manager
Gordon Ritchie has over 31 years of experience partnering with machine builders to design motion solutions across the broadest array of applications. He teaches more than 60 technical motion classes each year as well as mentoring application and technical support teams. Gordon is an avid learner who enjoys the Blue Ridge Mountains, photography and videography.