- Service & Support
- E-Learning & Training
- 10 SafeMotion™ Functions to Consider for Your Application
- AKD BASIC: Mentor Sessions
- AKD Drive Setup
- AKD2G Setup: I/O, Motion Tasks, and the Scope Tool
- AKD2G Workbench Guided Tour: No Passport Required
- AKD2G: Mentor Sessions
- Ask The Experts: Kollmorgen Automation Suite
- Closed! Resolving Servo Feedback Choices
- Developing Your High-Slice, High-Res CT Scanner: A Cross-Functional View
- Form factor optimization (D²L Rule)
- How the Kollmorgen Automation Suite Helps Achieve Dynamic Motion Control
- How to Leverage Co-Engineering with Kollmorgen
- How to Optimize Motion Sizing
- How to Properly size your torque motor for EO/IR applications
- How to Use Motioneering to Size Your Application
- Hygienic Design: How Cable & Connection Decisions Address Critical Control Points
- Implementing New AKD2G Drive Features
- Machine Safety: Welcome to a New Era of Protection and Productivity
- Motion 101: Online
- Motion Control Solutions for Vertical Form-Fill-Seal
- Motioneering: Mentor Sessions
- Motor Topology options for EO/IR Applications
- Painless Frameless: Implementing and Installing Frameless Motors
- Step Into Motion: Best Applications for Stepper Technology
- Step Into Motion: The 411 on Stepper Technology
- Taking Control: How to Create High Performance Motion in Your Machine
- The Servo Motion Toolbox: Improving Tool-less Cutting Machines
- Tips and Tricks for the Workbench Scope Tool
- Under the Microscope: What to Look for in Hygienic Machine Design
- What is Cogging and Torque Ripple?
- What is a Servo Motor?
- Classroom Training
- Kollmorgen Developer Network
Kollmorgen Developer Network
Not just for developers... This is your one-stop-shop for Kollmorgen product support and learning. Use the search to find answers to all your motion questions. Can't find what you are looking for? Post a question to the community. Want to share best practices when using our products? Start a discussion. Have a new idea for a product or feature? Add a feature request. What ever it is you are looking for, the Kollmorgen Developer Network has you covered!
- Field Service
- Literature Overview
- Knowledge Base
- Contact Us
- Partners' Information
- Suppliers' Area
- Design Tools
- Video Gallery
- AGV Partner Portal
- E-Learning & Training
Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Contact Us
Back to top
Have you ever had a tough motion control question, wondering who you can turn to for expert advice? Our Ask the Experts series brings together Kollmorgen motion specialists to provide proven answers to the most common and challenging questions we hear from customers. Each event also includes a segment for you to ask your own specific questions.
In the first of the series, Senior System Engineers Carroll Wontrop and Joe Parks will take on the most frequently asked questions about Kollmorgen Automation Suite. They will share their expertise for this premier machine automation solution and will also take questions from the online audience. What questions would you like our motion experts to address?
Please join us for this exciting new opportunity to Engineer the Exceptional with your team from Kollmorgen.
18 Jan 2022
About the Presenter(s)
Carroll Wontrop, Senior Systems Engineer
Carroll Wontrop is a senior systems engineer with more than 37 years of Kollmorgen experience. He teaches the Kollmorgen Automation Suite course and collaborates with customers on KAS implementation. Carroll’s favorite motion challenges to solve include debugging application code and implementing strategies to increase machine throughput.
Joe Parks, Senior Systems Engineer
Joe Parks, a senior systems engineer, has been on the Kollmorgen team for over 14 years. He is highly experienced with Kollmorgen Automation Suite products, hardware and software, and he regularly assists customers with their KAS implementations. Joe also teaches the KAS Customer Course, and his favorite motion challenge is helping customers troubleshoot their PLC programs.