- Service & Support
- E-Learning & Training
- 10 SafeMotion™ Functions to Consider for Your Application
- AKD BASIC: Mentor Sessions
- AKD Drive Setup
- AKD2G Setup: I/O, Motion Tasks, and the Scope Tool
- AKD2G Workbench Guided Tour: No Passport Required
- AKD2G: Mentor Sessions
- Ask The Experts: Kollmorgen Automation Suite
- Ask the Experts: Extreme Temperatures
- Ask the Experts: Stepper Motors
- Cables: Untangling the Mystery
- Developing Your High-Slice, High-Res CT Scanner: A Cross-Functional View
- Form factor optimization (D²L Rule)
- How the Kollmorgen Automation Suite Helps Achieve Dynamic Motion Control
- How to Leverage Co-Engineering with Kollmorgen
- How to Optimize Motion Sizing
- How to Properly size your torque motor for EO/IR applications
- How to Use Motioneering to Size Your Application
- Hygienic Design: How Cable & Connection Decisions Address Critical Control Points
- Implementing New AKD2G Drive Features
- Increasing Performance with Modern Inertia Matching
- Machine Safety: Welcome to a New Era of Protection and Productivity
- May the 4th Be with You: A Force Challenge
- Mix Product Generations to Create a Strategic Advantage
- Motion 101: Online
- Motion Control Solutions for Vertical Form-Fill-Seal
- Motioneering: Mentor Sessions
- Motor Topology options for EO/IR Applications
- Next-Generation Motor Design for Missiles
- On the Move with Low-Voltage Motors
- Painless Frameless: Implementing and Installing Frameless Motors
- Resolving Servo Feedback Choices
- Step Into Motion: Best Applications for Stepper Technology
- Step Into Motion: The 411 on Stepper Technology
- TBM2G: Next-Generation Motion Using Optimized, Compact Frameless Motors
- Taking Control: How to Create High Performance Motion in Your Machine
- The Servo Motion Toolbox: Improving Tool-less Cutting Machines
- Tips and Tricks for the Workbench Scope Tool
- Under the Microscope: What to Look for in Hygienic Machine Design
- What is Cogging and Torque Ripple?
- What is a Servo Motor?
- Classroom Training
- Kollmorgen Developer Network
Kollmorgen Developer Network
Not just for developers... This is your one-stop-shop for Kollmorgen product support and learning. Use the search to find answers to all your motion questions. Can't find what you are looking for? Post a question to the community. Want to share best practices when using our products? Start a discussion. Have a new idea for a product or feature? Add a feature request. What ever it is you are looking for, the Kollmorgen Developer Network has you covered!
- Field Service
- Literature Overview
- Knowledge Base
- Contact Us
- Partners' Information
- Suppliers' Area
- Design Tools
- Video Gallery
- AGV Partner Portal
- E-Learning & Training
Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Contact Us
The AKD BASIC drive offers the performance features of our leading AKD Series along with built-in machine and motion control that can be programmed in the Beginners’ All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code, or BASIC The key to mastering AKD BASIC programming is learning how to use this language within Kollmorgen’s WorkBench software.
The Mentor Session Series for AKD BASIC provides an interactive learning experience with instructor demonstrations that allow you to observe programming techniques and strategies. We will begin with how to set up the drive, then lead you through the process of programming various functions. The instructor will also answer any questions you may have in real time.
Our Mentor Session Series provides the flexibility to target your own development in areas where you might need some additional education. Check back often, as we routinely update the Mentor Sessions with both on-demand learning opportunities as well as our very popular live events.
AKD BASIC Setup
The AKD BASIC drive is easy to program using the Beginners All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code programming language, or BASIC. In this session we will demonstrate how our WorkBench software allows for easy programming, testing and verification of BASIC programs. Additionally, you will learn how to set up and prepare an AKD BASIC drive using the terminal screen.
- Taxonomy for the trajectory generator, allowing you to create motion
- Strategies for using key motion commands and when they should be utilized
- The rationale behind loops to create motion automation decisions
- How to execute motion
AKD BASIC Advanced Programming Loops
Building from the AKD BASIC Setup course, this session covers core loops: If…Then…Else, For…Next, and Select…Case. This session will focus on how to embed a loop into a larger routine, use When statements, and program an interrupt.
You’ll learn how to implement:
- Strategies to embed loops within loops
- Techniques for creating complex motion
- Procedures to interrupt or leave a loop