- Service & Support
- E-Learning & Training
- 10 SafeMotion™ Functions to Consider for Your Application
- AKD Drive Setup
- AKD2G Setup: I/O, Motion Tasks, and the Scope Tool
- AKD2G Workbench Guided Tour: No Passport Required
- Closed! Resolving Servo Feedback Choices
- Developing Your High-Slice, High-Res CT Scanner: A Cross-Functional View
- How to Leverage Co-Engineering with Kollmorgen
- How to Optimize Motion Sizing
- How to Use Motioneering to Size Your Application
- Hygienic Design: How Cable & Connection Decisions Address Critical Control Points
- Implementing New AKD2G Drive Features
- Machine Safety: Welcome to a New Era of Protection and Productivity
- Motion 101: Online
- Motioneering How-To
- Painless Frameless: Implementing and Installing Frameless Motors
- Step Into Motion: Best Applications for Stepper Technology
- Step Into Motion: The 411 on Stepper Technology
- Taking Control: How to Create High Performance Motion in Your Machine
- The Servo Motion Toolbox: Improving Tool-less Cutting Machines
- Tips and Tricks for the Workbench Scope Tool
- Under the Microscope: What to Look for in Hygienic Machine Design
- Classroom Training
- Kollmorgen Developer Network
Kollmorgen Developer Network
Not just for developers... This is your one-stop-shop for Kollmorgen product support and learning. Use the search to find answers to all your motion questions. Can't find what you are looking for? Post a question to the community. Want to share best practices when using our products? Start a discussion. Have a new idea for a product or feature? Add a feature request. What ever it is you are looking for, the Kollmorgen Developer Network has you covered!
- Field Service
- Literature Overview
- Knowledge Base
- Contact Us
- Partners' Information
- Suppliers' Area
- Design Tools
- Video Gallery
- AGV Partner Portal
- E-Learning & Training
Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Contact Us
Back to top
Free Instructional Webinar
Learn how to navigate the latest version of Motioneering: A Faster, Feature-Rich Online Servo Sizing Tool for Machine Builders
The next generation of Motioneering is faster and more intuitive, offers customizable-to-application requirements, allows the side-by-side comparison of multiple systems, and enables user access to the latest products and updates.
Key updates include:
- Enhanced product filtering that allows engineers to pinpoint which product family or families are most suitable for an application.
- Review of mechanism types, adding reducers and couplings, creating motion profiles, review sizing results, and how to determine regen and sizing
- New details for each potential design solution, giving users a more complete picture of each option’s relative advantages. For example, safety margins (% margin) show how much speed and torque are available beyond what is needed for the application.
- The ability to customize parameters and units of measurement for each project.
- Updated S-curve profile: Jerk reduction can be adjusted from 0 to 100% (linear to full S-curve acceleration).
Gordon Ritchie: Your expert training specialist has over 31 years providing detailed application support to machine builders. Mr. Ritchie brings his years of experience as an Applications Engineer and Field Sales Account Manager into his current long-standing position as Kollmorgen’s Expert Technical Trainer. He holds many credentials include being a MCMA Certified Motion Control Professional. He currently provides instruction in over 60 classes per year as well as mentors application and technical support teams. Mr. Ritchie is an avid learner who enjoys the Blue Ridge Mountains and brings his love for photography and videography to help you envision what you can do with your next motion project.
Gordon Ritchie, Technical Trainer