Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automated Guided Vehicles
- Food & Beverage
- Industry 4.0
- Machine Tools
- Material Forming
- Medical and Laboratory Automation
- Oil & Gas
- Packaging & Converting
- Postal Sorting
- Smart Warehouse
- Tire & Rubber
- Service & Support
- Contact Us
Back to top
The world of traditional robotics and AGV is beginning to overlap into smarter, more dynamic and more versatile robots. Artificial intelligence (AI) is advancing so robots and AGVs can better operate in a human environment, with more natural navigation and without expensive external sensing markers or reflectors. Kollmorgen’s technology is in underwater ROV’s, in drone systems delivering lifesaving materials, agricultural robots, security robots, more independent AGV and intralogistics systems, nuclear handling systems and security systems. Kollmorgen has a long history in these applications, including:
- Powered a specially designed robot, the Jason Jr., that researcher Dr. Robert Ballard used to telepresent images of the RMS Titanic on July 26, 1986.
- Deployed laser navigation for warehousing automation in Singapore in 1997, the first of its kind to gain acceptance in Asian and global markets.
Our ability to provide a wide range of standard, configurable motors is enabling quick prototyping and fast go-to-market. We are able to provide product and solutions globally with localized production and support.
- Housed and frameless motors
- High torque density motors
- High power motor variants
- Durable and long life bearing options
- Environmental design optimizations
- Low and high voltage design options
- Millions of standard product variants
- Capability to customize standard motor variants
- 100 years of experience driving our innovation
- Rapid prototyping of modified designs
- Scalable production support – regionally and globally
- Local engineering and application support
- Online motor selection tools