Back to top
In the rapidly evolving field of robotic-assisted surgery, the goal is minimally invasive procedures that help patients to recover as quickly and completely as possible. Robotic-assisted platforms for laparoscopic, orthopedic and other surgeries must precisely coordinate motion and feedback across all surgical controls, robotic arms, cameras and instruments to deliver smaller incisions and predictable surgical outcomes.
Kollmorgen’s broad portfolio of motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation will help you optimize each axis of motion within your robotic platform.
- Surgical Console: An array of components – finger loops, joysticks, foot pedals – ensure exacting execution of the surgeon’s intention. Equally importantly, these components deliver critical haptic feedback that connects the surgeon in real-time to the robotic instruments and the patient.
Kollmorgen’s high-torque-density motors easily accommodate physical space limitations and offer the ultimate in precision control. Cogging compensation, vibration suppression and noise rejection ensure surgeons only feel what they should.
- Robotic Arm Cart: Today’s surgical robots must deliver precise, smooth, and quiet operation for acceptance by hospitals and surgeons.
Kollmorgen’s torque-dense frameless motors enable smaller, lighter arms and the highest definition control. Servo motors are ideal for the gantry and columns, which position robotic arms over the patient.
- Patient Table: Just like the surgical console and robotic arm cart, the patient table must offer infinite adjustments and smooth, quiet operation.
Kollmorgen servo motors allow for quiet and precise positioning of the patient table. Low cogging designs ensure smooth operation. Sophisticated controls synchronize table motion with that of robotic tools to allow even more freedom of movement during complex surgeries.
Kollmorgen: Your Partner in Motion Control
- With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, we partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design
- Rapid Prototyping means we fast-track you from specification to prototype design, supporting your most aggressive design timelines
- We offer decades of expertise in motion control through every step of your design project, from concept to production. Online modeling, sizing, and selection tools get you started. Our motion engineering experts will review specifications and partner with you to evaluate options
- Our global manufacturing and supply-chain footprint assures you short lead times, efficient logistics, and reliability -- from prototype through full-scale production
- As part of the Altra platform of motion companies, we’re able to connect you with sister companies including Thomson and Portescap, whose linear guides, actuators and micro motors support additional critical functions in surgical robotics platforms