Kollmorgen is the leading global manufacturer of motor solutions for the robotics industry. We have decades of experience and an established track record in enabling robotic innovation for the most challenging applications – surgical, collaborative, industrial, and defense. Our robotic motors are mobilizing nearly 1 million robot joints and robotic arms today. With the widest range of standard and custom robotic motors, drives, controls, gearing and actuation, Kollmorgen will partner with you to find the optimal solution that differentiates your design.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automated Guided Vehicles
- Food & Beverage
- Industry 4.0
- Machine Tools
- Material Forming
- Medical and Laboratory Automation
- Oil & Gas
- Packaging & Converting
- Postal Sorting
- Smart Warehouse
- Tire & Rubber
- Service & Support
- Contact Us
Back to top
As technology blurs the line of how humans and machines interact, opportunities to put new robotic driven capabilities into the hands of the warfighter and hazardous duty personnel continue to emerge. Accurate, reliable, durable motion solutions in a compact form factor are critical for mission success.
Kollmorgen has been on the leading edge of precision robotics technology for decades with over 100,000 units fielded in high reliability systems. We have 70 years’ experience in designing, manufacturing and delivering motion component products into Aerospace & Defense applications. With the widest range of standard and custom motion solutions, we collaborate with you to deploy rugged, battle-worthy systems engineered and built to meet your singular requirements.
Our Expertise & Solutions
- Robots for: mine detection, disaster relief, remote weapon platforms, hazardous duty, bomb disposal, situational awareness
- Articulated joints, exo-skeletons, traction, weapon system and camera stabilization, cooling pumps, power generation
- Compact form, thermal optimized designs, accurate motion for high shock & vibration and extreme environments
- Durable, reliable designs for mission critical applications
- Catalog and optimized motor solutions employed, from frameless motor to fully integrated housed motors and actuators (motor, ballscrew, feedback, custom housing)
- Optimized motor designs for direct drive, strain wave geared, or zero backlash geared systems
- High torque/power to weight ratio, compact, rugged, precision accuracy
- Solutions optimized for performance, weight, durability, and affordability
Let’s Get Your Program Moving
The hundreds of thousands of fielded units in mission critical applications powered by Kollmorgen attest to the durability and reliability of our motion solutions. Contact your Kollmorgen representative to discuss your application and how we can help you bring it to action with less cost, time and risk.