Back to top
POWERPAC® K and N Series Stepper Motors
POWERPAC® hybrid stepper motors deliver more power in a smaller package. These rugged NEMA 34 and 42 (90 and 110 mm) motors combine optimal magnetics in a housingless frame with a large diameter rotor and innovative rotor-stator design to produce more torque and smoother microstepping. The K Series incorporates flux-focusing SIGMAX® technology for higher acceleration with 25 percent more torque.
- Wide range of standard options
- Affordable co-engineered modifications with a short lead time to meet unique application requirements
- N3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from 3.2 to 15.4 N-m (454 to 2,180 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- K3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from 4.08 to 19.7 N-m (578 to 2,790 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- N4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from 8.12 to 30.8 N-m (1,150 to 4,365 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- K4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from 10.4 to 40.3 N-m (1,470 to 5,700 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
- Extensive selection of shaft configurations, terminations, windings and co-engineered modifications to suit your application needs, time frame and budget
- Speeds up to 3,000 rpm meet the velocity demands of most high-torque applications
- Improved torque linearity (above rated current) provides high peak torque to boost acceleration in intermittent-duty applications
- High torque at moderate speeds to enable a cost-effective alternative to servo motors
- Low detent torque harmonic provides smoother microstepping performance
- K Series incorporates SIGMAX® technology for 25% more torque than N Series
- Runs cooler than comparable steppers to provide longer, more reliable motor life
- Special rotor design enables high acceleration
- Rugged, “housingless” square frame means more torque in a smaller package
- IP65 sealing for splashproof protection
- Two-phase design is compatible with most drives and provides smoother microstepping and lower power input versus three-phase motors
- Optional encoder mounting provisions
All-in-One Tool for Stepper Motors. Size your stepper application to produce torque/speed curves paired with your drive parameters.Start optimizing
Count on Kollmorgen support to help you design and build a successful machine and keep it reliably productive, anywhere in the world. Our co-engineering experts will work with you to tailor a perfect-fit solution for your motion requirements.Talk to a motion expert
Media & Downloads
|POWERPAC Installation bulletin en-EN RevA||English||27 Apr 2012||512.99 KB||Copy URL|
|Kollmorgen EU Declaration of Conformity PowerPac K-N-SN||English||25 May 2016||114.53 KB||Copy URL|
|Nema 34 N3 K3 Stepper Systems TB||English||228.99 KB||Copy URL|
|Nema 42 N4 K4 Stepper Systems TB||English||238.48 KB||Copy URL|
|Kollmorgen Automation and Motion Control||English||06 Nov 2019||15.76 MB||Copy URL|
|Kollmorgen Automation Suite (KAS) Catalog||English||01 Dec 2017||14.02 MB||Copy URL|
|Kollmorgen Optimized Solutions and Special Duty Motors||English||01 Jan 2018||1.26 MB||Copy URL|
|Stepper and Synchronous Motors Catalog EN Rev C||English||19 Feb 2014||7.96 MB||Copy URL|
|Kollmorgen Motion Components Brochure EN RevB||English||14 Oct 2011||1.81 MB||Copy URL|
These 3D models are intended to guide your design activities and may be used as reference information. Be sure to consult a Kollmorgen expert to ensure you have the most current and accurate information for critical aspects of design work
|Ingress Protection of Servo Motors||[toc] Sealing is an important design tool used to prolong the life of motors against harsh environments containing dust or liquid contaminants. There are arguably an unlimited number of...|
|Normen und Richtlinien||[toc] Allgemeines Struktur des Normenwesens am Beispiel der EN ISO 12100 Europäische Richtlinien New Legislative Framework Blue Guide: Leitfaden für die Umsetzung der...|
|Instructions for Selecting a Stepper Motor||The Basics of Selecting a Stepper Motor The vast majority of stepper applications are fairly simple in terms of selecting the motor and drive. Most applications have one or more of a...|
|Standards and Directives||[toc] General Structures of standards with EN ISO 12100 as an example ISO Standards Safety of Machinery — General Principles for Design ISO 12100:2010 UL Standards...|
|Pull-In and Pull-Out Torque||Some of the stepper motor nomenclature includes some terms not often used today. Such terms are Pull-in Torque and Pull-out Torque.The information below may be helpful in understanding the...|