AKMA Servo Motors
Designed for harsh environments such as food and beverage processing, the lightweight AKMA servo motor delivers the performance and reliability you need. These hard-working motors feature a cost-effective anodized aluminum coating, and a form factor to meet your specific requirements in medium and heavy washdown environments and variable weather applications. For durability, cleanability, and versatility, our full line of AKMA motors is Built to Perform.
Built for Durability
AKMA motors are engineered for performance and longevity in tough washdown environments and uncertain outdoor conditions.
Unsurpassed durability starts with the motors’ hardened anodized aluminum coating that provides strong chemical resistance in a wide pH range to withstand common cleaning agents in washdown. You’ll find:
- Coating that is less vulnerable to scrapes, dents, and paint flaking than conventional epoxy
- Stainless-steel shaft with chromium oxide inlay maximizes lifetime of the shaft seal
- Vented design and “one-piece” housing structure eliminates the O-ring to reduce risk of water ingress
Built for Cleanability
In both food and beverage contact zones and dry clean environments, AKMA motors incorporate critical design elements for more effective cleaning:
- Smooth surface ensures simple cleanability in environments where cleanliness is essential
- Round housing prevents contamination droplets from pooling
- IP69K-rated sealing allows higher pressure exposure for food-grade environments
Built for Lightweight Versatility
The lightweight design of AKMA motors makes them easier to install and maintain, while their high torque density in a smaller size delivers performance improvement across demanding applications including:
- Food and beverage processing
- Pharmaceutical and medical labs
- Radar stations and antenna positioners
- Four frame sizes for a wide variety of machine designs
- Designed for continuous torque from 0.5Nm to 14.5Nm with peak torque at 1.4Nm to 38Nm
- Plug-and-play compatibility with Kollmorgen controls and drives
- Meets UL, CE, RoHS, UKCA standards
- 316L Stainless steel shaft
- Stainless steel hybrid connector with integrated Viton seal supports a single cable connection to the servo drive.
- Feedback devices include Smart Feedback Device, Gen. 3 (SFD3); Hiperface DSL; EnDat 2.2
* Values shown are representative of each model. For exact information refer to the selection guide, installation manual,
Motioneering and design tools
AKMA Dimensional Overview
|AKMA Series||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||H||J||K||L||M||N; by stack length||O; by stack length|
* all measurements are in millimeters
Ready to Get Started?
No matter where your machine design takes you, your AKMA motors will always benefit from Kollmorgen expertise and total support.
Our global engineering team offers decades of motion experience, collaborating with you to ensure your servo motors deliver the reliability and performance you demand.
Count on Kollmorgen support for:
- Global reliability
- Design in-region/for-region
- Sustainable supply chain for long-term partnership
- Self-guided tools for simplified design
Media & Downloads
|AKMA Anodized Washdown Motor Selection Guide||English||Share URLview|
|AKMA Servo Motor Brochure||French||Share URLview|
|AKMA Servo Motor Brochure||English||Share URLview|
|AKMA Servo Motor Opuscolo||Italian||Share URLview|
|AKMA Servo Motorlar broşür||Turkish||Share URLview|
|AKMA Servomotores Brochure||Portuguese, Brazil||Share URLview|
|AKMA 伺服电机 Brochure||Chinese, Simplified||Share URLview|
|AKMA-Servomotoren Broschüre||German||Share URLview|
These 3D models are intended to guide your design activities and may be used as reference information. Be sure to consult a Kollmorgen expert to ensure you have the most current and accurate information for critical aspects of design work.