- Service & Support
Back to top
Every day Kollmorgen pushes the boundaries of motion to deliver optimized solutions that satisfy even the most demanding application requirements in the harshest of environments. This includes helping machine builders effectively meet the often complex and time-consuming requirements for ATEX certification.
The ATEX certification controls which machinery and equipment are allowed in explosive environments. Industries may include but are not limited to mining, oil and natural gas refining and flour mills. Ask customers a few open questions to see if they’re meeting the criteria:
- Does the application environment in which your machine will operate have its own effective source of ignition?
- Will the motion components in your machine be used in a potentially explosive atmosphere?
- Will your machine operate under normal atmospheric conditions?
If the application meets these criteria, with Kollmorgen they have a market leading option to meet the ATEX certification while also being able to leverage the co-engineering and high performance that Kollmorgen is able to provide.
With our in-depth application knowledge and rich technical experience, your customers can rely on Kollmorgen to overcome any certification challenge - whether the need is a standard, modified, or custom-built solution.
What does this mean for the machine builder?
- Customer confidence that the equipment is fit for its intended purpose
- Reduced transactional costs (time & $) of multiple sets of testing and documentation
- Free trade of ATEX equipment within the European Union that otherwise would require testing and documentation for each member state
- One supplier with a breadth of products that provide best-in- class performance including the expertise to meet ATEX requirements
Kollmorgen knows that motion matters and represents endless possibilities for innovation. Our engineering expertise and engineering capabilities enable us to deliver superior performing solutions for these demanding environments.
Kollmorgen can help customers achieve ATEX certification and deliver differentiated machines in explosive environments.