Back to top
Launched in 2001, SynqNet is a digital machine control network specifically designed to meet the flexibility, performance, and safety requirements of today's demanding machine control applications. Built on the 100BT physical layer, Synqnet provides a synchronous real-time connection between motion controllers, servo drives, stepper drives, I/O modules, and custom devices.
SynqNet is a high performance network technology designed to simplify machine development and lower the cost of in-field support and upgrade.
- Network bandwidth for servo updates up to 48 kHz
- Supports up to 32 nodes with 32 axes*
- Over 16,000 bits of digital I/O and 1,000 points of analog I/O
- Real-time diagnostics over Synqnet
- "Self - healing" fault tolerant operation using ring topology
- Hotreplace™ feature allows the replacement of nodes without shutting down the network.
- Remote diagnostics of motor drive performance
- Remote drive configuration and setup
- Remote upgrade of drive firmware features
- Support for multiple feedback, dual-loop servo control, compensation tables
- Automatic network configuration and integrity check
- Cabling over 100 meters between each node
- Electrical isolation for robust noise immunity
- Open, field-proven silicon (100baseT physical layer)
- Choice of motor/drive vendors
- Centralized software and control with distributed hardware
- Cost effective design