Back to top
Replacement of ACOMEL Drives
Valid for S300, S700
Most of the ACOMEL drives used in high frequency applications can be replaced with S300/S700 servo amplifiers with special firmware.
These devices are export controlled ( Dual Use, AL-3A225 ) and require an export approval. The functionality to replace Acomel HF inverters is possible with special firmware only. Contact our customer service.
S300 / S700 Disadvantages
- No DC – DC transformer inside.
A correct combination Power supply voltage / Motor is necessary.
- More Power losses in the motor for “high” speed (f > 2.000Hz).
Less power losses in the drive.
S300 / S700 Advantages
- Support for induction and synchronous motors. ACOMEL only supports induction machines.
- With and without a feedback.
- Support of more than 20 feedbacks.
- Support for most common fieldbus systems.
- Ease of use: Example - U/f control with two parameters.
- Drive runs smoother
- Speed below 5000 rpm is possible (advantage for testing)
- Brake ramp (40000 to 0 rpm) reduced from 7s to <2s
- Unique amplifier types for servo axes and HF axes
- Communication via Multidrive (one interface for all amplifiers)
- S300/S700 with 8 kHz PWM (16kHz with derating)
- Up to 1.000 Hz (2 pole motor with 60.000rpm) with low power losses in the motor.
- Up to 2.000 Hz in process
See page Tuning - High Frequency Spindles S300-S700 for more information.