Back to top
Hypertherm vertical axis setup issue
Hypertherm is a CNC for laser/plasma cutting machines. Below are some tips for setting up the AKD drive for use with a Hypertherm machine.
- Set PL.ERRFTHRESH = 0, to disable the position error fault. The Hypertherm has it's own position error fault.
- Set UNIT.PROTARY = 3, UNIT.PIN = 2^FB1.PSCALE, and UNIT.POUT = 1, for the drive's unit scaling to be compatible with the controller.
- Hypertherm CNC's Axis encoder units need to be set close to correct.
- Hypertherm CNC's Servo Error Tolerance needs to be something reasonable like 1/4". Setting it too tight, such as 0.001", will cause the controller to fault right away.
- Hypertherm CNC's Servo Stall Tolerance will set the max position error value where "Home to a hard stop" triggers home.
- Hypertherm CNC's Stall Torque is the homing torque for "Home to a hard stop."