Back to top
Hypertherm vertical axis setup issue
Hypertherm is a CNC for laser/plasma cutting machines. We have received some reports on issues with setting up AKD drives being used with this machine. Following are some tips.
- PL.ERRFTHRESH = 0, needs to be disabled. The Hypertherm has it's own position error fault
- UNIT.PROTARY needs to be 3. UNIT.PIN = 2^FB1.PSCALE. UNIT.POUT = 1
- Hypertherm CNC's Axis encoder units need to be set close to correct.
- Hypertherm CNC's Servo Error Tolerance needs to be something reasonable like 1/4". 0.001" will fault right away
- Hypertherm CNC's Servo Stall Tolerance will set the position error value where "Home to a hard stop" triggers home has happened.
- Hypertherm CNC's Stall Torque is the homing torque for Home to a hardstop.