Back to top
How to configure a KAS application to use Multiple Ethernet IP assemblies
The following steps describe how to configure multiple Ethernet IP assemblies using two PDMMs. For the purpose of this example, the adapter PDMM will perform a loop back to the scanner PDMM.
Create the PLCOpen Adapter Application.
- Open the FieldBus Editor and create the Ethernet/IP Adapter network
- Insert the Master Port
- Insert a Slave/Data block, selecting the proper IO Object type, Instance, and Size. Repeat this step for each data block.
- Add a subprogram (EthernetIP) and variables to loop the received data back to the scanner
- Compile, download and run the adapter application.
Create the PLCOpen Scanner Application.
- Open the FieldBus Editor and create the Ethernet/IP Scanner network.
- Insert the Master Port, setting the IP Address of the Server to the IP address of the Adapter Controller
- For each assembly add the variables. NOTE: For the Originator to Target (O -> T) verify that the 32 bit header is enabled.
- Compile, download and run the scanner application.