Back to top
Creating and Using a Recipe in KVB and AKI Panel
A recipe can be used in an HMI program to store and select groups of data to be used without having to enter the data each time it is used. It is easy to create a recipe in KVB by clicking on Insert / Recipe and give the recipe a name.
“Recipe1” is the name of the recipe in this example. Within Recipe1 is contained data for different tag settings, for example different indexing move parameters.
A recipe consists of Items and Data. Each recipe item has a name (any name you want) and a tag. You can add as many Items to the recipe as needed. The data (or Runtime Data) consists of groups of tag values. These groups are called "Runtime Recipe Titles". Each Runtime Recipe Title contains user defined values for each tag associated with the recipe. The purpose of the recipe is to allow the user to select and use the data in each Runtime Recipe Title as needed.
You can enter the recipe data into the Runtime Data tab directly, but only do this if the data will not be changed by the HMI user.
Often, the HMI user will need to make changes to the recipe data directly on the HMI. To do this it is recommended to not enter the data in KVB, but rather configure the Import Recipe and Export Recipe button actions so that the recipe data can be imported/exported using an SD card or USB memory stick.
The import and export functions will only work for one recipe.
It is much easier to manage the recipe data in Excel and import it to the HMI than to use KVB to edit the data.
When the Load Recipe button is pressed, a dialog box will appear on the HMI screen to allow the user to select which group of recipe data (Runtime Recipe Title) they want to use. Once a group of data is selected and loaded, the associated tags are automatically populated with the values from that group of runtime data.
When a user needs to edit a group of runtime data or add a new group of runtime data, the Save Recipe button is used. First enter the correct data for each tag associated with the recipe. Then select a group of runtime data (Runtime Recipe Title) to save those new values to. Or enter a new Runtime Recipe Title to save the new values to.
Deleting a group of runtime data is as simple as clicking the Delete Recipe button and selecting the Runtime Recipe Title that needs to be deleted.
Editing recipe runtime data in Excel:
- Export the recipe to an SD card or USB memory stick.
- Open the csv file in Excel to edit or backup the recipe data.
- If editing, save the csv file to the memory device.
- Plug the memory device back into the AKI panel.
- Click the Import Recipe button in the HMI (a button you created in the setup).
- The new recipe runtime data will be saved in the AKI panel and is ready to use.
- You can remove the memory device.
Editing recipe runtime data in the HMI:
- Enter new values for the tags associated with the recipe.
- Click the Save Recipe button in the HMI.
- Select the Runtime Recipe Title that you want to save the new data to (overwrite old data) or enter a new title (create new Runtime Recipe Title).
- Export the recipe to an SD card or USB memory stick as a backup. (Downloading a KVB project to the panel will overwrite the recipe data.)
Editing recipe runtime data in KVB:
- Edit or enter new values for the tags associated with the recipe into the Runtime Data tab of the Recipe screen in KVB.
- Download the KVB project to the AKI panel.
- Every time the KVB project is downloaded to the panel, the recipe data in the panel is lost and the recipe runtime data in the KVB project is saved to the panel.