Spend less time troubleshooting and more time developing.
We created the Kollmorgen Developer Network so you can focus on what matters most: Building awesome machines.
Cartridge DDR Motor
The CARTRIDGE DDR™ motor does not have bearings. It mounts to a machine using the machine's existing bearings to support the motor's rotor. The frame of the CARTRIDGE DDR™ motor mounts to a pilot and bolt circle on the machine frame much like a conventional motor.The rotor engages to the load using an innovative compression coupling, shipping clamp holds the rotor and feedback in place during transportation and mounting.
- Bearing Design
- Shaft torsional stiffness
- Tuning - Rotatory Direct Drives
- Measuring the Torque Constant kT
- Wake and Shake
The CARTRIDGE DDR™ motor can be mounted with any orientation including either a horizontal or vertical shaft. It is a simple and quick procedure to mount a CARTRIDGE DDR™ motor to a machine:
- Slide the CARTRIDGE DDR™ motor onto the shaft
- Bolt the housing to the machine frame
- Torque the compression coupling
- Unbolt the shipping clamp hardware and store it in the provided slots
- Connect cables between the CARTRIDGE DDR™ and the servo amplifier
- Commence operation
The Flash presentations demonstrate how simple it is to mount a CARTRIDGE DDR motor. The files are executables, simply download and extract the files to play them.
The live installation and removal demonstrations of CARTRIDGE DDRs are more in-depth presentations. They are in SWF format. After downloading and extracting a file, simply drop it on a web browser to start the presentation.