The AKD2G servo drive introduces the Kollmorgen Servo-on-a-Chip which is a powerful compute engine that can control 2 axes simultaneously and up to 28 I/O. The AKD2G is optimized for single-cable motors.
- One- and Two-Axis variants
- Plug & Play with all Kollmorgen motors
- EtherCAT and CANopen compatibility
- SFD and HIPERFACE DSL feedbacks are standard
- Optional feedbacks include EnDAT, BiSS, analog sine/cosine encoder, incremental encoder, resolver, and more
- SIL-qualified over-voltage, current, and temperature detection
- Dual-channel STO per axis
120/240 Vac Specifications
(W / Ω)
|AKD2G-6V03S||Single||3||9||1||100 / 15|
|AKD2G-6V03D||Dual||3 & 3||9 & 9||1 & 1|
|AKD2G-6V06D||6 & 6||18 & 18||2 & 2|
240/480 Vac Specifications
(W / Ω)
|AKD2G-7V03S||Single||3||9||2||100 / 33|
|AKD2G-7V03D||Dual||3 & 3||9 & 9||2 & 2|
|AKD2G-7V06D||6 & 6||18 & 18||4 & 4|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we do dual loop with the dual-axis AKD2G? On both axes? If so, how?
Does AKD2G have encoder emulation output?
Can I do encoder emulation for both axes in the AKD2G dual-axis drive? If so, how?
I want one axis to follow the other on a dual-axis AKD2G. How do I accomplish this?
There are three possible solutions to this.
- Hardwiring I/O to X23
- Using EtherCAT
- Designing a dedicated control mechanism with MechaWare
Are the SFA and resolver a “safety rated solution” like the resolver is currently with it’s dual channels?
No. Resolver is not offered as a “safe encoder” by Kollmorgen. You will need a digital safe encoder. The AKD2G offers H-DSL and EnDat 2.2 as safe solutions.
Are the continuous/peak ratings of an AKD2G dual-axis drive a total for both axes, or rated per axis?
The current rating of AKD2G is per axis, so a 3A continuous AKD2G dual axis has 3A continuous available for each axis.
Can you only use motors with a single cable for feedback/power with the AKD2G?
No. The AKD2G is optimized for single cable motors but separate power and feedback two cable motors do work with the AKD2G. You need to order the SFA cable adapter or use X23.
Is the STO on each axis of a dual-axis AKD2G, is it dual-channel STO?
Yes, there is a dual channel STO for each axis in the drive.
Is the same GUI software used for programming the AKD2G and AKD?
Yes, Workbench works both for the AKD and AKD2G, but parameters/programs are not transferrable from the AKD to the AKD2G at this point.
How many I/O does the AKD2G provide?
The AKD2G provides up to 28 I/0.
- 16 I/O is standard for the single axis
- 28 I/O is standard for the dual axis
- An I/O expansion is available for the single axis model, which adds an additional 12 I/O on X22 for a total of 28 I/O.